Saturday, December 30, 2006

BAZZAR DAY
























Occasion – Anand Bazaar or one can say Bazaar Day. Venue DSK Vishwa, Pune. Date 24-25 Dec 2005. My wife had put up food stall. Menu was just Mini Pizza and Regular size Pizza. We sold altogether almost more than 150 Pizzas in a day. Total profit was in solid minus figure. Next day she prepared Undhiyu, perfect season for Undhiyu, we had carried Surti Papdi, Konfal, Ratale and all other ingrediants required, all the way from Mumbai. Entire stock sold out within an hour.
Time moves further in 2006. Same dates, same occasion, same venue. This year we unanimously decided not to put up any food stall and appreciate food prepared by others.
Let me clarify one thing. I am not to be mistaken for Bakasur. No doubt, when I see quality food I just go crazy over and I cannot resist temptation. All the dishes mentioned below were shared by me with others. After all I can say that I am still a sensible personAs it was a right time for High Tea Snacks, first step towards our long culinary journey begun with Chatpata Chana, Dhokala and Gajar Halava. I wanted to add Vanila Icecream to Gajar Halva, but my wife put a break. Then I thought I will experiment Pohe Vade but somehow I did not like the dish. Then I moved further to taste Tomato Soup along with piping hot Corn Bhaji suitable for the chilled weather. Mini Pizza and Kharwas were on the next list.
By the time it was almost 7.00 p.m and I was tempted to eat a Rice dish, Tamarind Rice with Potato Stew recipe from Kerala, never heard before. I must admit the dish was too good, simply superb. The aroma drove me crazy. Actually this particular dish I had planned to eat in the end, but the convincing sales tactics made me to change my plan and made me to move ahead of my schedule. Of course I am glad for that. I was told Tamarind Rice does not get spoiled for 2/3 days and its ideal during journey.

Then I allowed my big tummy to take a rest for a little while. But not for a long. The resistance level was at all time low. The choice available in another stall was between Zhunka Bhakar and Pav Bhaji and as guessed right I opted for Zhunka Bhakar and Mirchicha Thecha and generously left another choice to my wife, who was at that point of time very busy enjoying Katchi Dabeli.The things I did not bothered to taste were Pani Puri, Bhel, Katchi Dabeli, Mung Dal Bhaji, and Undhiu paneer bread roll . You see, it was really difficult to do the justice to all food stalls. Out of those10-15 food stalls, two were serving NonVeg.food Though being vegetarian, nothing stopped me from admiring the look of Tirangi Chicken Kolhapuri Biryani.

Then it was closing time and finally I settled for Sabudana Vada from Frying Pan to my Stomach.I must say that Pune is another City where the person really loves to eat food outside and they truly appreciate the food. I feel Anand Bazaar, once in a year, is not enough,. Any way thanks Organizers for all your efforts and thanks to those who shared wonderful preparations with me.

1 comment:

  1. Cool..I must try and make it here next yr! And nice pics

    ReplyDelete